Sunday 18 April 2010

Diary Entry Two

Diary Entry Two
29/03/10

A Nervous Hello

Today is my first day at Suited and Booted and I have to say I am quite nervous. I woke up at 6:30 am in order to catch the 08:06 train from W-S-M to Bristol Temple Meads and change over for the 09:05 to Bath Spa Station where I would arrive there for 9:30 am, which is perfect as I'm expected to start there at 10:00.


After the train journey I officially arrived at the office at 09:45 am. Helen Putler (receptionist) gave me an induction to the company which also involved signing legal papers including child protection acts as 85% of the time I would be working in direct contact with children. 

After completing the induction process I then went out to film with Chris and Sara to Oldfield Park Primary School where were going to interview some of the pupils about their eat healthy menus. 

On this shoot I was operating the Boom Mic. I was nervous for the first half hour as I realized I was doing this for a real commercial project where mistakes would be expensive but after some clear instructions from Chris I got the hang of it and settled down. 



After filming we got back to the studios at 3:00 pm. Chris gave me some time to give me some tips about operating the boom mic and what to look out for and where the sound source is coming from. 

At the end of the day Sara and Chris were pleased with my performance that they let me go home early at 5:30 pm. 

On the train back home I was thinking about the day I had and the tips that Chris had given me. I felt confident about work couldn't wait for the next day to come so I could put what I have learnt properly into practice. 

I finally arrived home at 7:20 pm. 

No comments: